BantinG ReeF: Modded Acer Aspire One with 2.5 sata 160 gb hard disk

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Modded Acer Aspire One with 2.5 sata 160 gb hard disk





Hi To all

Acer Aspire one fan

First i'm sorry if my english is not so good maybe full of error on my speeling .. but this it the only way i can learn form my mistake ..

Every owner of Acer Aspire One will agree .. to run xp with ssd is sad but true .. to slow .. after reading the forum from www.aspireoneuser.com .. seem everybody trying to break the glass ..

and now here we with succesful put the 2.5 sata hard disk ( 160 gb ) inside and solder the sata connecter to the motherboard

I will upload more picture after this friday prayer .. and show the windows xp properties after finished isntall xp full blast ..

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you post a tutorial please ?

Carlos said...

Hi, I'm going to do this mod to my one, but I have a few questions...

Where do you connect the 5.5v power?

What kind of connector do you use? Where do I can buy it?

Can you post a tutorial please?

Thank you so much!

Ozal said...

hi bro, im in KL too, care 2 let me know if u are able to provide me this customization work? i have 160 GB SATA drive and i would like if you can help me hook it up? even for service charge should be alright... buzz me @ 0123423596

Unknown said...

The question is, does the board and drive still fit in the case?

ritaemilia said...

hai im intrested with this moding...

can you please quot your price to do this....including 2.5 sata hdd price..

tq

Unknown said...

hi brother

i would like to mod my current AA1 from SSD8GB to SATA 2.5 160GB same as you.May i know how to :

1. where to buy the SATA connector ?
may be have the spec also ,like dimension or part number.

2. need bios update ?

3. i from Malaysia also , can you provide this services also , or sell me your part.

3.5 why to find a good solder expert ,since i also want to sold my 3g mod part (pcie,sim card slot,and so on )

4. i got a set of 3g mod kit , may be we exchange our some know how.

thank your in advance

pls email me luckyauto@gmail.com

i will leave my mobile to you.

thank

ritaemilia said...

hai....

tq for your modding service...

send my regard to sharir...my friends says now my aspire one fixed with 2.5 hdd and in good condition....so maybe i can look it next week, after im back from overseas....

tq guys for your modding... ;-)

Unknown said...

can you post a detailed on how did you solder the sata connector to the board. im really intrested in installing sata drive on my AAO 110. thanks

Unknown said...

I wrote a guide here, just finished it today have a look http://www.theacerguy.com/2009/01/aspire-one-a110-25-sata/

Morris Lee

Othman Ishak said...

Appreciate if u can provide this service to me. I have blue aspire one and buffalo brand 320 gb external hdd. can sms to me 019-4290036 Othman. Or email afifamali@yahoo.com. Tq in advance.